The Millennium Development Goals Report 2013
This report is based on a master set of data that has been compiled by an Inter-Agency and Expert Group on MDG Indicators led by the Department of Economic and Social Affairs of the United Nations Secretariat, in response to the wishes of the General Assembly for periodic assessment of progress towards the MDGs.
The Group comprises representatives of the international organizations whose activities include the preparation of one or more of the series of statistical indicators that were identified as appropriate for monitoring progress towards the MDGs, as reflected in the list below. A number of national statisticians and outside expert advisers also contributed.
- Several MDG targets have already been met or are within close reach
- Accelerated progress and bolder action are needed in many areas
- Successful completion of the MDGs by 2015 to remain a global priority
- Attention needs to focus on disparities
- Slowing of economic growth spells continued job losses; Young people bearing brunt of the crisis
- Over 60% of workers in developing world still live on less than 4 USD a day